Thursday, April 28, 2016

America, (for dada weatherman, after Allen Ginsberg, of an ongoing series)

America,
Why are you asking me for money, America?
You don't even have any money.
The governments have no money and the banks have no money, or so they say...
Many can still afford tanks and jets and not to care.

Do you care, America?
Sometimes I just don't know. All the news is bad, every day, and there is a lot of news.
Do you read the news, America? Or do you know something I don't know.

America, they can't even play basketball.
Everyone is too greedy, even children. Were you a greedy child, America?
I just wanted to love my mom, when I was a boy.
Mother Nature has got me pussy-whipped and honey-dipped. And shining like a great sun! An epic star burning in infinity! You know what I mean, America?

I read the news every night. Murder and sports and movie stars and no one has any money. But everyone is born into infinite wealth and absolute freedom. They just don't know or never knew or forgot.
Isn't that what you told me, America?

Where are your witches? Where are your megafauna and primeval forests?
Where are your longhairs and where are your astronauts going.
I've been told where the aliens come from.

They're afraid to meet someone on the street with a nuclear weapon strapped to them
I'm not
Afraid of anything, America
I can't afford to be
America, "I don't have any money."
You can never have enough money and power
How in the hell can I escape this bloody economy?
Let me out, or else.

No comments:

Post a Comment